How would you uninstall Quick Heal Antivirus from your PC?
By navigating to Control Panel, locating Quick Heal -> right-click -> Uninstall, right?
Well, you can surely uninstall Quick Heal antivirus with this, but it won’t completely remove every instance of the software.
The reason behind this is, every antivirus leaves special registry entries to track licenses, schedule scans and other tedious tasks (in case you install them again later).
So, unless and until you don’t clean them, those aren’t completely removed from your system in the true sense.
Here’s the good:
It’s not quite hard to completely remove it, just a simple little process to be followed.
So, let’s jump into the 2 Ways to completely remove Quick Heal Antivirus from your PC.
#1 – Manual Removal
Manual Removal is the software uninstall process followed by registry edits which will remove every detail and instance of the software.
Steps to Completely Remove Quick Heal Antivirus from PC:
- Go To Start –> Control Panel.
- Select Add & Remove Programs (for Win XP users.) If you are using Win 7, open Control Panel –> Click on View by dropdown located on the top right corner and switch to Small Icons. There, selecting Programs and Features will open the list of installed softwares on your PC.
- Find out Quick Heal product (whichever version you’ve installed) and uninstall it by right clicking on it –> Uninstall. During uninstallation of the product check “Remove Report Files” when asked to you. Restart your computer after uninstallation process.
- Open Run (pressing Win key + R, or from start menu) and type regedit and press Enter. A window with registry keys on your PC will come up.
- Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE –> SOFTWARE –> Quick Heal from the left pane and delete Quick Heal folder from it.
- Then, navigate to HKEY_USERS –> DEFAULT –> SOFTWARE –>Quick Heal, this time also, delete the Quick Heal folder.
- Go to HKEY_USERS –> S-1-5-18 –> SOFTWARE –> Quick Heal and delete the folder.
#2 – Using Removal Tool
If registry tweaking isn’t your cup of tea, then Quick Heal provides a super cool tool that automatically does all the hard work itself.
How to use the Quick Heal’s Product Removal Tool?
Uninstall the software from Control Panel and run the Product Removal Tool.
With this, Quick Heal Antivirus is now completely removed from your system.
Facing any problem with the steps? Let me know in the comments section below.