The Lite Web Malware is a very unwanted program (PUP) or an unwanted adware. Its main purposes are browsers such as the Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari, which are bringing the slogan “Get busy searching the internet with the Lite Web!”. Basically, Lite Web main purpose is to gain profits by the help of advertisements pop-ups and redirecting users to other commercial web page browsers. This particular adware does not need any user permissions to operate and sadly a lot of users come across such unwanted adware on their computers. Once this adware has generate on the computer it is very hard to remove it and users do not have effective ways of removing it.
This adware and its interfering ads that frequently pop-ups on the browser are not just frustrating, it also slows down the computer. Lite Web collects this advertisement from a particular remote server, thus, it also, intensely affects the adware. Lite Web often collect sensitive data form the computer which are important to your online accounts.
Awareness is very important when it comes to protecting your computer from Lite Web and other sorts of adware is very important. In that case, you can avoid such adware and have a secure online browsing. Lite Web is normally tied to a freeware or shareware that can download from various websites or different hosts. Generally, these sites usually offer programs which looks very appealing but it can also be in a form of software update, require tools, or free games. Pay-per-install is a very popular way of spreading their creation. Most of the time users are not ware of such scheme, whereas they can install a lot of unwanted softwares or programs that are packed in a single shareware. So, in other words to prevent Lite Web, user must be careful on what they download and install on their computers.
How to Remove the Lite WebMalware
Step 1: Use Add/Remove program of Windows to Uninstall Lite Web
The main purpose of pop-ups and advertisements could be the software or programs that you are using on your computer or are installed in your computer. This is why we need to uninstall the culprit program.
1. Click Windows Start button. Next, select the Control Panel from the list.
2. Find the ‘Programs’ are and click on Uninstall a program. Tis opens up a window showing existing software installed.
3. Look for and remove Lite Web entry. If it is not present, look for a suspicious labels that was installed recently.
4. Click on Uninstall to start removing the program.
Step 2: Scan and then delete Adware with AdwCleaner
1. Download the tool known as AdwCleaner from the locate mentioned below.
Click here to download AdwCleaner
2. Once you have successfully completed the download, please close all running programs on your computer.
3. Locate the file and then double-click on the adwcleaner.exe to start running the tool.
4. It searches for presence of the dangerous programs, plug-ins, add-ons, or any data that were found malicious and linked to Lite Web. You may have to then delete each deleted item which is present.
5. Once the scan is done, the tool may need to reboot your computer to finalize the cleaning process.
6. After the reboot, open the AdwCleaner once more and then click on the uninstall to remove the program which is present in your computer.
Step 3: Remove the adware add-on and then cleanup your browser
After you have successfully completed or followed the steps mentioned above, you can know delete Lite Web from your computer. This next step is useful as it ensures that no more such module of adware will be available on your browser anymore. This is a free tool scan and it checks the browser for any unwanted add-on, pop-ups, extensions and if such things are found then the Avast Browser Cleanup will alert you by providing you a full report and suggestions on how to deal with such problems on your computer.
1. Download the free tool and then save it on your computer.
Avast Browser Cleanup Download Link (This will open in a new window)
2. There is no need for the installation of this program or software. This portable scanner run automatically on your computer once you have double-clicked on the executable file avast-browser-cleanup.exe.
3. When this is done running, the Avast Browser Cleanup will perform a test on your browser and if unwanted entries are present, it will display a button ‘Remove all add-ons listed below and cleanup the browser’. You can simply remove all or delete the entries which are listed all at once or even one at a time.
4.The Avast Browser Cleanup will then confirm before you permanently deletes the add-on. Then you can click Yes to proceed with the removal of the Lite Web on the affected browser.
Step 4: Reset the Internet Browser in order to completely remove the Lite Web
When you are dealing with Lite Web, it is very important to clean up the unwanted add-ons or extenuation which are present in your browser. The procedure provided below focuses on resetting your browser to its default state.
Restore Google Chrome to Default Settings
Resetting the Google Chrome to the default settings help you in dealing with problems related to pop-up ads and extensions which are present in your browser. The method provided is highly advisable to put into action if you are having any sort of difficulty in removing the unwanted extension from your computer.
1.Firstly, open the Google Chrome internet Browser.
2. Then click on the Menu (three-bar icon) which is located on the upper right side corner of the browser.
3. Click on the Settings which is present on the pull-down menu.
4. Once you are on the chrome://settings/tab, you can click on ‘Show advanced settings…’ which is present at the bottom of the window.
5. Then you navigate the bottom of the page, click on the reset browser settings button.
6. Lastly, you close the existing tab and then you restart the Google Chrome. That should have removed Lite Web extensions which were found before.
Reset the Mozilla Firefox to the Default
The procedure provided below helps you in removing unwanted extension or pop-ups which are present in Firefox that are linked to Lite Web. This procedure which is provided can help in fixing many problems which are present in the Firefox to factory settings without affecting your essential information (bookmarks, browsing history, passwords, and intern cookies) which are present on the browser. When dealing with specific extension you can use the manual removal of add-on from Firefox.
1. Navigate to the Firefox menu which is present at the top of the browser and then you access the Help area. Then you click on the troubleshooting Information.
2. A new tab will appear. You can see a section on upper-right corner of the screen stating Reset Firefox to its default state. Click on the Reset Firefox button.
3. If the confirmation window will appear, you click on the Reset Firefox to continue.
4. The Firefox browser will close and then you start with the resetting process. Once done, it will display a list of restored data. Lite Web will be gone from your computer by now. Click on the Finish to open a fresh version of the Firefox.
Restore Internet Explorer to the Default Settings
1. Open the Internet Explorer and then navigate to the top menu. Click on the tools, and then internet options.
2. Selected the advanced tab on the internet options of the window.
3. On the lower part of the window, under the reset internet explorer settings area, click on the reset button. Please see image for further references.
Your personal data like favorites, bookmark, and history will remain in the browser. This particular process may delete the add-ons which were present in your computer due to the Lite Web and other unknown objects. If you do prefer to further carry out the procedure of solving problems manually, please refer to the add-on removal from internet explorer.