Although WhatsApp is continuously improving after every update, there are still lots of tricks that can be played over WhatsApp to have fun, get our particular work done and more.
And these workarounds and tricks will continue to get implemented in one or the other way to get things done.
One of the common problems we face is our Dual SIM Android phones can contain 2 SIM Cards but can run only 1 WhatsApp as there’s one WhatsApp installation limited to a phone.
To get a workaround for this, we’ve some specifically built WhatsApp mods because of which we can run multiple WhatsApp accounts on Android Smartphone.
What is a WhatsApp Mod and is it safe enough to use in replacement of WhatsApp?
A WhatsApp Mod is a reverse-engineered version of WhatsApp adding some more functionality.
This means, the original WhatsApp is edited and some special functions and edits are applied to it so that we can get our work done.
So, these WhatsApp mods are as safe to use as your original WhatsApp.
Yes, chances are there that there’s some malicious code included in such mods but, all of the mods which are mentioned here are checked and doesn’t contains any malwares and are clean.
4 WhatsApp Mods to Run WhatsApp on Mutliple Accounts on Android
Let’s quickly move onto 4 such WhatsApp mods with the use of which we can easily run 2 or more WhatsApp accounts on Android.
#1 – OG WhatsApp
OG WhatsApp is one of the most popular mods which is famously known WhatsApp mods to specially run 2 WhatsApp accounts on one phone.
- Possibility to use two WhatsApp accounts with different numbers on the same phone.
- Backups and data recovery.
- Preview images and videos without downloading them.
Steps to Run Multiple WhatsApp Accounts on Android:
- Take backup of your existing WhatsApp account. To do it, open WhatsApp -> Settings -> Chat Settings -> Back up chats.
- Clear all the WhatsApp Data. To do it, navigate to settings of your Android phone -> Apps -> WhatsApp. This will open the WhatsApp info screen. At the bottom, you’ll have a button to Clear Data, tap on it.
- Enter your File Manager, you’ll there see the folder named WhatsApp. Rename it to “OGWhatsApp”.
- Uninstall WhatsApp.
- Install OGWhatsApp and use your current original WhatsApp phone number to set it up (the initial setup process is same as WhatsApp).
- Now download WhatsApp again from the Play Store.
- This time, register the new number you wish to use on the original version of WhatsApp.
With this, you can easily run 2 WhatsApp accounts simultaneously on your Android Smartphone.
#2 – GB Whatsapp
Just like OGWhatsApp, GBWhatsApp is another good mod of WhatsApp that has lots of features other than just running multiple WhatsApp accounts. Started as one of the mod of OGWhatsApp, it’s now a full-featured modded version of WhatsApp that can do lots more than our original WhatsApp.
- Better privacy options
- Video size extended to 30 MB instead of normal 16 MB
- Send 90 images at once
- Counter statistics for groups
- View media without download
- Change program icon and notifications
Steps to Run Multiple WhatsApp Accounts on Android using GBWhatsapp:
- Download and install GBWhatsapp.
- Open it and start configuring it the same way as you do with WhatsApp.
- When the number is asked, enter your secondary number which you want to use alongwith your main number on WhatsApp.
That’s it! With this done, you can then use 2 WhatsApp accounts simultaneously.
#3 – WhatsFapp
WhatsFapp is a combination of WhatsApp Reborn and OGWhatsApp which offers some of the most comprehensive features. Also, it’s one of the very few mods that enables you to allow 3 WhatsApp numbers simultaneously in an Android phone. More info.
- Ban Proof
- Fully customizable
- Privacy features
- New Material Design Base
- Three WhatsApp+ Reborn in One Android Device
- Preview Images & Videos without downloading
- Group Stats
Additional Quick Tip
If you wish to run multiple accounts and phone numbers simultaneously on apps other than WhatsApp, SwitchMe Android Application is one of the best bets to do it efficiently. Here’s a quick comprehensive guide to use SwitchMe to create and run multiple WhatsApp and other accounts.
A bit about SwitchMe:
SwitchMe Android app creates user login profiles just like the ones on a desktop computer, with each having its own system settings, apps and data based on your current ROM.
There are too many WhatsApp mods that can do the following easily and quickly. These 4 were the best of those to run multiple WhatsApp accounts without any flaws quickly and easily.
Do you know any other methods or mods to run multiple WhatsApp accounts on an Android? Let us know in the comments…